Does your copy target a specific audience or customer?
The goal here is to ensure that your website copy is written with a particular customer in mind. One with a specific set of problems.
By having an understanding of who your target customer is your web copy will speak to their problems and fears and position your products and services as a solution to their problems.
ASK YOURSELF THESE QUESTIONS TO HELP DETERMINE IF YOUR COPY IS TARGETED:
- Do you have a mental picture of who your ideal customer is and what their primary problem is that you are trying to solve?
- Have you looked at your current clients and identified any that are the exact match for your ideal customer?
- Does your website copy speak to that person and describe the problems that they experience
- Does your website copy explain how your product or service can help that person solve their problems?
- Do you have other resources on your site, whether content, tools or checklists that are created to help educate your target customer?
- Do you have case studies from your ideal customers on your website where they talk about how your product or service helped them?
- If you have not done any of this, then you need to spend some time thinking about your ideal customer, what their problems are and how your web copy can tell them that you are the solution to their problems.
If you have questions regarding your website, or website management and maintenance then get in touch with us.
Salam Digital is a strategic digital agency in Toronto, ON. Our websites help businesses from all industries run their operations, meet customer needs, market and sell their products, and most importantly, make a profit.